The ART Matrix Review looks at writing which has the potential to empower lives. In different ways, each reviewed book, essay, article or poem, engages the ART of the matrix.
why we share our writing
The reviews are written authentically, with integrity. This means I work with people and their writing, with a genuine interest, professionalism and attentiveness, always. The vision is to enhance understandings of what the target audience wants and needs. Writing potentials are generally enhanced as a result.
The links below connect you to posts on this site which categorize the reviews as….
Each of these relate to the central themes of The ART of Living the Matrix. Writing is part of life–like an archaeological dig, seeking nuggets of meaning, extending the opportunity for deeper understandings and personal growth. The completed reviews will be listed, with a link, on the appropriate Matrix Review page.
polishing your work before submission
Here is a checklist to use before submission:
- be concise: use as few words as possible; stick to the point
- use the words and style that convey your passion for the topic
- check your grammar; grammar is the pole you grab to get your thoughts up on their feet and walking–Stephen King
- refine your style decorating to enhance the solid foundation and supporting structure you’ve got securely in place
- re-write, re-write, re-write….
When you write you tell yourself a story. When you re-write you take out everything that is not the story.–Stephen King
Try out Hemingway Editor. This site brings our attention to grade level readability, number of words and other important elements for the writer to take into consideration.
epub or pdf?
Re-flowable eBook formats are evolving quickly and the ePub represents an electronic publication format that has become one of the most common types. It is widely supported across OS platforms.
Most e-Readers like Apple’s iBooks and Adobe Digital Editions support ePUB files. This format is an open standard. That means it is free and publicly available though there are specific rules for its usage.
It is very similar in appearance to HTML rendered pages with images. Most importantly, the ePub is becoming the standard open format for most reading devices.
The PDF, which is the Adobe’s pet format, stands for portable document format. This chart shares some important key points to take into consideration when choosing the format for sharing your writing.
google drive or dropbox
When your document has been selected for review you can choose either Google Drive or Dropbox for sharing.
Sharing document for review via Google Drive
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the folder you want to share.
- Click Share .
- Under “People,” type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow .
- Click Send. An email is sent to people you shared with.
Sharing document for review via Dropbox
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click Files in the left column.
- Hover over the file or folder you’d like to share.
- Click Share.
- Type the Email, name, or group of the person (or people) you’d like to share with.
- Click Share.
Currently, if I accept your work to review, there is no charge. I will post the review here and on Twitter. This is for a short period of time during which I am donating my time to support other writers.
My reviews will be honest and have a positive essence because I will only accept books, articles, and posts which I believe have merit in helping others live better lives.
It would be great, though, if you joined me on Patreon as a patron of my work. Also, a follow on Twitter would be very much appreciated.
Please send requests for review and editing to:
In the subject line: Request for Art Matrix Review
~namaste, Leah 🕊
Leah J, M.Ed. Psychology, writer/artist/teacher
© Leah J.🕊 The ART Matrix 2019
All Rights Reserved.
Please also visit me on Medium, Twitter and Pinterest
🕊 embracing mindful, empowering transformations🕊
🕊 The ART Matrix publication creates, edits and reviews philosophical prose, literary nonfiction and poetry embracing holistic well-being.🕊